Our Toronto agency is growing and we are actively searching for a PR INTERN to join our creative team. If you are intrigued to learn more about PR and how to help clients promote their brands, apply today!
- Manage centralized database of all contacts
- Assist with the development of media lists
- Manage media monitoring efforts and create regular reports
- Assist with writing of press materials
- Assist with development of content for social media outlets
- Provide support for special events and/or other promotional activities
- Participate in weekly status meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Perform administrative duties, as required
- Actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a public relations, corporate communications, marketing or other related program
- Strong communications skills (written & verbal)
- Basic understanding of media relations
- Familiarity with media-monitoring platforms
- Experienced with social media outreach efforts
- Highly organized and able to multi-task projects
- Able to operate in a hectic environment; meet tight deadlines and respond to urgent matters beyond a normal 9 to 5 schedule (as required)
- Always maintains their professionalism and integrity; employs both common sense and discretion
- Shows initiative and demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems
- Maintains a positive attitude and is able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
NOTE: This is a four-month internship and an honourarium will be offered.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working at smitten creative boutique.